The function of the Security Officer is to protect the life and the property of guests, employees and patrons.
· Works on projects as selected personally or as assigned by management.
· Maintains the security office in a clean and organized fashion.
· Assists in training new security officers and makes recommendations for improvements to the on-line trainer or his/he supervisors.
· Communications with other employees to establish working environment.
· Maintains close liaison with local Police, Fire department and Ambulance to assist guests/ employees and management with any requirements.
· Attends security meetings and special courses for development.
· Assists with locker inspections and fumigation when requested.
· Makes sure all incident reports are completed upon shift complex.
· Conducts a full building inspection once per week. Follow up on this report to be done once per week as well.
· Is on call to cover emergencies in the hotel as required by management.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
· Maintains active files on trespassers and undesirables.
· Maintains accurate security logs.
· Attends internal meetings to address possible concerns in regards to special conferences as assigned.
· Maintains the security files up date.
· Maintains a good working relationship with his/her co-workers and ensures all information related to the hotel is handed over the next shift.
· Works in conjunction with the Manager, Guest Services in regards to employee/guest loss, theft and illness, accident and damage occurrences.
· Ensures all guest correspondence is handled within 15 days on the original concern. Maintains active files on these follow-ups.
Process Improvement/ Productivity
· Inspects the hotel areas for safety violations during the shift or on special assignments. Follow up on discrepancies.
· Attends court and other legal proceedings related to the hotel when so required and keeps files on results of these appearances.
· Maintains control of all forms needed in the security department and informs the security supervisor of any discrepancies.
· Complies with Hotel and Company policies and Procedures as well as Health and Safety policies.